Friday, March 25, 2011

Twilight




This images were taken in January (yep, 2 months ago) at the back of my house. The same time I was shooting for the Cirrus cloud image if I'm not mistaken. As usual it was using my 1.3MP camera. This is during twilight (at dusk). Twilight marks the transition between day time and night time. I thought I want to capture the beauty and share it with the rest of the world. Err..eventhough the images are actually quite blurry (thanks to my low resolution camera). But whatever..Allah truly is Great.

Some interesting fact on twilight:
  • It is refer to as "blue hour" by photographer or painter due to the quality of light at the time.
  • Twilight on Mars is longer than Earth (last up to 2 hours)
  • It is sacred in Hinduism where many rituals are held.
  • It is called 'cow dust time' in Hindi.


39:5


He created the heavens and the earth truthfully. He rolls the night over the day, and rolls the day over the night.* He committed the sun and the moon, each running for a finite period. Absolutely, He is the Almighty, the Forgiving. (Az-Zumar, 39:5)
 
 
Source of Quran translation:
http://www.masjidtucson.org/quran/noframes/ch39.html

Source of twilight info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight


♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers