Friday, January 7, 2011

READ BY HEART: The end of a mother's journey..

(Source: Solusi magazine issue no.16, 2010, page 45)


A young mother who just stepped into a new world asked herself, "Is this journey gonna be long?".

A voice answered her curiosity,"Yes, and it'll be a winding course but the end of this journey is more meaningful than the start."

The young mother started her journey. Her love for her young children is undivided. Playing with her children, plucking the fruits along the journey, wash her children when they pass the crystal clear waterfall and many more. The young mother felt so content. She cried while saying, "Nothing feels more beautiful and can make me feel more content than this."

When the night falls, rain and thunderstorm come. The road they taken became dark. The children felt scared and cold. The mother covered her children with blanket and hug them. The children told their mother,"Mother, we don't feel scared anymore because you're with us."

When the day comes, the mother woke up from her sleep. The sun was shining brightly. There were no more storms like last night. In front of them, stood a hill. They climbed up toward it's top. The mother and children became tired. But the mother adviced, "Please endure it a little bit more darling, we'll reach the top in a while." The children didn't give up and continue the climbing. When they arrived to the top, the children said,"Mother, we won't reach here if it's not for you.

The day retreated, darkness covered the sky. The mother lied down looking up to the twinking stars while saying,"Today is more meaningful than yesterday and I felt so happy. My children had learned how to be patience while facing hardship. Yesterday I gave them courage and today I gave them strength."

The next day, dark clouds filled the sky. Those are the clouds of hatred and evil. The children were fumbling in the darkness and fell onto the the ground. The mother said,"My children, be a brave person. Allah will always be with us."

The children started to realize and once again feel at peace. Those words made them guided in the darkness. At night, the mother monologued with herself, "Today is the best of my life. I show them the right path."

The days flew by. Weeks come and go. And years gone. The mother now is old and weak. Meanwhile, the children grew up and became the person who can stand on their own.

Now, it's time for the mother to go back to the eternal world. She said, "I have come to the end of my journey. Now I realized the end of this journey is more meaningful to me than the start. Now my children had became strong. Not as weak as when they were still young. They were able to face life's difficulty and are guided to the right path. Now I can go with peace because their prayers will always accompany me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers